Homeowners often ask us if they should have a concrete patio installed or a paver patio. The answer really comes down to personal preference and, of course, budget. Both options offer varying benefits to homeowners and can enhance or create an outdoor living space that looks great and functions well. Concrete patios are budget-friendly and can be installed in less time than a paver patio. Paver patios, though, have the advantage when it comes to being able to chose from a variety of styles, textures, and colors – creating a truly custom outdoor living area. Here at F&M Contractors we are experts in installing both concrete and paver patios. To help you decide which patio option is right for your backyard, here is some information about these two types of patio materials to help you decide which one to use for your space;
Concrete patios are the more traditional of the two options and have a wide array of benefits, which include;
- Durability: Concrete patios are known first for their durability and are able withstand a wide range of weather conditions and can stand up well to high-traffic.
- Color and shape: Concrete patios are also highly adaptable and can be designed with different colors. Further, concrete can easily be formed into any shape allowing you to accommodate any backyard space restrictions.
- Installation: Concrete patios can be finished more quickly than paver patios. Because installation is quicker, this allow you to be able to upgrade your backyard faster and have an outdoor living space that looks great and functions well.
- Value: Concrete patio installation is budget-friendly when compared to paver patio installations.
If you’re looking for a patio that looks great, functions well, can be installed quickly, and is budget-friendly – then a concrete patio may be your best option.
Paver patios are the ideal choice if you’re looking to create a custom, elegant outdoor living space. While more expensive than concrete patio installations, paver patios can be designed and customized specifically to your taste and will provide a high-end look and feel. Here are some of the benefits of paver patios;
- Design Options: Pavers allow for a lot of creativity and design compared to concrete. They are highly customizable and pavers come in varying sizes, colors, and styles – enabling you to pick a style that suits your specific wants and needs.
- Installation: Paver patios, because of the custom nature of them, are more labor intensive to install than are concrete patios. However, this allows the benefit of a truly custom design resulting in an elegant patio and outdoor living space.
- Flexibility: Since pavers are comprised of many interlocking blocks, you can easily replace them in case you change your mind about your preferred patio design in the future, or want to expand your outdoor space. Plus, when you consider that paver patios can include walls to separate areas of your backyard space which can also function as seating areas and outdoor grilling space – the flexibility of design is only limited by your imagination.
- Value: While paver patios are a bit more costly when compared to their concrete counterparts, that higher cost needs to be weighed against the customization, elegance, and versatility paver patios offer.
If you’re looking for a truly custom design with lots of style, pattern, and texture options – then a paver patio could the answer for your backyard project. With nearly limitless options available to you, a paver patio will give you a high-end, luxurious outdoor space for entertainment and enjoyment which will last for years to come.
Keep in mind as well that we can offer custom patio designs which combine both concrete and pavers. The combination of the two can give you both an elegant look and feel, but with a eye towards being budget-conscious.
Contact F&M Contractors – The Concrete Patio and Paver Patio Experts
Enhance the look and feel of your backyard with a concrete or paver patio from F&M Contractors – the paver patio experts in Baltimore. F&M takes pride in being the best paver patio contractor in the Baltimore area. Since 1979, clients have trusted us to transform their backyards with excellent service and quality materials. Contact F&M Contractors for a quality concrete patio or paver patio installation.